All Sports Coaches come from various backgrounds and have different styles and experiences. However, the most successful sports coaches have specific characteristics and qualities to inspire, motivate and connect with the children and students.
Qualities of a Sports Coach:
- Being understanding and helping the children to overcome fears and difficulties. Sports coaches must be understanding of children with disabilities.
- Creating healthy habits for the children’s future. Sport isn’t just for the playground, it’s for life!
- Be able to give emotional support and guidance
- Encouraging the children and motivating them to reach their full potential
- Being an excellent listener
- Being able to teach children from their own experience and learning from this
- Patience is key
- The ability to assess and solve problems should they occur
- Have Enthusiasm!
All of our coaches are fully qualified sports coaches, hold an up-to-date First Aid Certificate, have completed a mandatory Safeguard Course, and have an advanced DBS Disclosure.