This week’s PE Activity of the Week is Witches, Goblins and Monsters, which will help to increase children’s thinking skills.
S2S Courses plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
To not get caught by the opposing team
- Thinking skills
- Split the children into two groups
- Each group huddles and decides which character they want to be. They also decide an area which will be their ‘home base’
- Once the decisions are made, each group stand in the middle of the room facing each other
- One member of each group yells out what character the group is
- The teams will then chase each other, and if they get caught/tagged they will join the opposing team. Children can run to their home base where they cannot be caught
- Repeat this activity
- Witches chase goblins
- Goblins chase monsters
- Monsters chase witches
If the team 1 are witches and teams 2 are goblins, then team 1 will chase team