For this weeks PE Activity we’d like to draw your attention to Tennis Numbers, a fun and focused game that focuses on agility, catching and batting skills.
S2S Courses plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we will share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game
The object of the game is to catch a tennis ball that is hit towards you when your name is called out. The leader will shout out the name of a child of their choice and use a tennis racquet to hit a ball towards them, once a name has been shouted, that child must catch the ball. The player with the most points at the end of the game is the winner.
- Listening skills
- Running technique
- Batting technique
For this exciting ball game:
- Use cones, markers or objects to mark out a square.
- Choose a leader.
- The leader must stand at the edges of the square with a ball and tennis racket.
- All players must jog within the square.
- The leader should shout out the name of a child playing the game and hit the ball above the group.
- The child whose name was called out must try and catch the ball.
- If they successfully catch it, they score a point.
- The ball must then be returned to the leader and the game continues.
- The player with the most points is the winner.