This weeks PE Activity is Pirate, a unique and fun game that focuses on coordination and listening skills.
S2S Courses plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we will share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game
The object of the game is for players to stand within the ‘pirate ship’ and listen out for the instructions of the capitan. When the captain gives an instruction, players must respond with the correct action. The players who do not respond with the correct actions will be out.
- Listening skills
- Thinking skills
- Reaction time
- Mark out an area with cones, bean bags or markers to represent a pirate ship.
- All players must stay within the pirate ship.
- Choose a player to be the captain of the ship.
- The captain should shout out a command and the players must respond with the appropriate action.
- The players who do not respond with the correct action will be out.
- Rats on board: players must run on the spot as fast as they can.
- Scrub the decks: players must pretend to scrub the floor with their hands.
- Captains coming: players must face the captain and shout ‘aye aye captain’ as they salute.
- Hit the deck: players must lay down as fast as they can.
- Pirates meeting: players must gather in the centre of the ship.
- Rough seas: Players must sway from side to side until is shouted.