This week’s PE Activity of the Week is Octopus - an exciting, intense game that focuses on running and coordination skills.
S2S Courses plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object of the game is for the players to run without getting caught by an ‘octopus’ and ‘seaweed’. The last child that is not caught is the winner.
- Select one student to be the octopus and place them in the middle of the room
- Have all the other students lined up beside each other facing the octopus at one end of the room
- When the octopus shouts ‘octopus’ all children must run to the other side of the room
- The octopus can then run anywhere and tag the other children, who must become frozen to the floor with their arms sticking out. They have become seaweed.
- The children keep running to one end of the room to the other, the seaweed can also tag the children resulting in them becoming stuck to the floor and become seaweed.
- The last child at the end of the game gets to be the octopus for the next round.