This week’s PE Activity of the Week is Ladders, a time based and running orientated game.
S2S Courses plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object of the game is for children listen for their number and run over the ladder of legs and back before the other team. They must do this at the same time as their partner to beat the opposing team.
- Thinking skills
- Reaction time
- Split the children into boys and girls, and each girl and boy partner up together. Then split these partners into two groups
- Have them sit down facing each other with their soles of their feet together
- Have each partner set in a line next to them, both sat with their soles touching
- Number each set or partners
- When you call out a number, the partners with that number must jump up and run down the ladder (over the legs of other partners) and run back to the beginning and sit down
- The aim is to get back to their original spot before the other team