Icebergs is this week’s PE Activity of the Week, which focuses on teamwork and coordination.
S2S Courses plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object of the game is to get on to the iceberg with the correct number of team members.
- Running skills
- Spread 5 mats ‘icebergs’ all around the room
- Children run around the area, staying off the mats
- The teacher calls out a number between 1-10
- Children must quickly sit on a mat in a group of that number
- After 10 seconds if children aren’t on a mat they must do a challenge. E.g. 10 star jumps, 5 push ups or run on the spot
S2S Courses offer a wide range of physical activities during the school holidays.