For this week’s PE Activity of the Week, we’d like to introduce you to the well known, intense game, Domes and Dishes. This games focuses on coordination and agility.
S2S Courses plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game
The object of the game is for players to flip cones to represent their team name, domes or dishes. The team with the most cones shaped like their name will be the winners.
- Lay cones out in the area, with half the cones facing down to look like domes and the other half facing up to look like dishes.
- Arrange children into 2 teams or split the group in half.
- One team will be ‘domes’ and the other ‘dishes’.
- Domes must try and turn over all the cones to make them look like domes whilst the dishes try to turn all the cones upside down to look like dishes.
- The leader must count to 30 or 45 before shouting ‘stop’.
- The winning team will be the team with the most cones shaped like their name.