This weeks PE Activity is Dodge Ball, a unique and energising game that focuses on concentration and aiming skills.
S2S Courses plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game
The object of the game is for players to dodge a ball when it is thrown at them. Once a player has been hit, they must trade places with the player who hit them.
- Mark out a square in the middle of the area you wish to play using cones, bean bags or markers.
- Select a maximum of 3 players to stand inside the square with all other players standing outside.
- The players on the outside of the square must throw a ball, aiming to hit the legs of the players standing in the square.
- Anyone who gets hit must trade places with the player who hit them.
- Throwers mustn't move whilst throwing the ball and younger children must throw underarm for safety.