This week’s PE Activity of the Week is Crows and Cranes, which tests children’s reaction times and listening skills.
S2S Courses plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game
The object of the game is for players to listen for their team name to be called, to run t their cones without being caught by their opposing team.
- Listening skills
- Reaction time
- Use cones to mark out two lines, one for each team
- Players are split into teams, one called ‘crows’ and the other ‘cranes’
- Teams stand facing each other in the middle, one metre apart
- When the leader shouts ‘cranes’ that team must run to the lines of cones behind them. The crows run after them to try and tag them
- Tagged players are out and can join the opposing team
- Repeat with the crows team. When both teams are at their cones, bring them back into the middle, one metre apart.
- Repeat until all players are caught and on one team