Caterpillar Tag is this week’s PE Activity of the Week, which focuses on teamwork and running.
S2S Courses plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object of the game is to avoid being tagged, and make a caterpillar if you are!
- Divide the group into partners, who must then hold hands
- Decide which groups will be taggers
- The taggers must chase the other partners to try and tag them
- When tagged, they must freeze
- To become unfrozen, another set of partners must join hands with the tagged partners
- They must now stay together and try to avoid being tagged
- There is no limit to the size of group, and all tagged partners will continue to make a caterpillar
- The game ends after a certain time period or when all players are frozen
S2S Courses offer a wide range of physical activities during the school holidays.