The holiday period is upon us, and with that comes sweet treats and indulgences. However, children on a sugar rush can be bad for their health, if nothing else.
We at S2S Courses have put together some Christmas themed recipes that you and the children can make together, but are also healthy.
Yoghurt Dipped Oranges
- Natural Yoghurt or White Chocolate
- Skewer Sticks
- Greaseproof Paper
- Peel orange and place individual orange segments on skewer sticks or cocktail sticks.
- Dip the top of each segment into natural yoghurt, or melted low fat chocolate.
- Add toppings! Walnuts, ginger, sprinkles or crushed candy cane are great options
- Lay them down on parchment/greaseproof paper and place them in to the fridge to wait for the yoghurt/chocolate to harden
Christmas Tree Treats
- Triangle Cheese (Dairylea Triangles works perfectly)
- Red Peppers
- Cocktail Stick
- Greaseproof Paper
- Use cocktail stick or pretzel stick and pierce through centre of cheese
- Rinse and chop broccoli, and coat cheese in these pieces
- Rinse and chop red peppers, tomatoes or any colourful fruit to use as decorations
- Add a small piece of cheese for the star on top of the Christmas tree!
- Cut green stalk and leaves off the top of the strawberry leaving a flat base
- Using a piping bag, pipe cream around the base of the strawberry and on the tip
- Chill and Eat
Rudolf Banana Pancakes
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Egg
- 2 Rashers of Bacon (Optional)
- Strawberry for Nose
- Mash up 2 bananas and add one egg. Whisk
- Pour batter into pan to form one large circle and one small. Make two triangles for ears.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until golden and flip to do other side.
- Cook two rashers of bacon for antlers (optional)
- Place smaller pancake on top of the larger one, two triangles and bacon antlers.
- Chop two slices of banana for eyes adding raisins for pupils, and a strawberry for Rudolf’s red nose
- Enjoy your Christmas Treat!
S2S Courses offer fun, sports clubs and half term courses. If you want to engage your child in energising sports, call S2S Courses today on 0121 222 5464 or email email@example.com