Summer can be a struggle if you want to keep your child entertained whilst off school. Although there are plenty of things to do, it can sometimes mbe hard to come up with these ideas.
Below are places to go in the local area that will keep children active and be a fun day out for the family or with friends! Some of these cater to the local area of Birmingham, whereas others can be found in various areas around the country:
- Warwick Castle
- Stourport on Severn, for picnics
- Feed the ducks
- Swimming pools. Lots of areas and destinations.
- Birmingham wildlife conservation park
- Birmingham mystery treasure trail
- Mini golf
- Cannon hill park
- Birmingham botanical gardens
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens
- Rock climbing
- Trampoline parks (visit their website for information on health and safety and age restrictions)
- Wacky warehouse
- Go karting (older children)
- Theme parks such as Alton Towers and Drayton Manor
- Stratford upon Avon, Shakespeare's birthplace
S2S Courses run Holiday Courses during the Summer Holidays, which help to keep children busy and get active. You can book your child's place here.